If you are using Moodle 3.2 then read this dedicated documentation page for Edwiser RemUI 3.2 version settings
If you are using Moodle version 3.3 or above then kindly scroll down to continue reading.
Note: First two numbers in the version number of the theme indicates the Moodle version in which it should be installed. For example: If you are using Moodle 3.6 then you should be installing Edwiser RemUI 3.6.x on it. Similarly, if you are using Moodle 3.7 then you should be installing Edwiser RemUI 3.7.x on it
Installing Edwiser RemUI
You can download the theme from the link in your purchase receipt or from our website with the available links in the My account page. Once you download Edwiser RemUI, follow the below steps to install the theme
If you are using Moodle version 3.0 or 3.1 then you should use Edwiser RemUI version 3.0.0 or 3.1.4 respectively.
For Moodle version 3.2 please download Edwiser RemUI version 3.2.4.
Read this dedicated documentation page for Edwiser RemUI 3.2 version settings
If you are using Moodle version 3.3 please download Edwiser RemUI version 3.3.9.
Once you download Edwiser RemUI version 3.4.x or version 3.5.x or version 3.6.x or version 3.7.x or version 3.8.x you have to extract the main zip file.
(Edwiser RemUI 3.4.x contains three files; one is Edwiser RemUI theme file, second is Edwiser RemUI Block plugin and third is Edwiser RemUI Course Format plugin.)
(Edwiser RemUI 3.5.x or Edwiser RemUI 3.6.x or Edwiser RemUI 3.7.x or Edwiser RemUI 3.8.x contains four files; one is Edwiser RemUI theme file, second is Edwiser RemUI Block plugin, third is Edwiser RemUI Homepage builder plugin and fourth is Edwiser RemUI Course Format plugin.)
Follow the steps mentioned below to setup Edwiser RemUI theme file.
Once you download the Edwiser RemUI (as per the suitable Moodle version), follow the below steps to install the theme on your Moodle site:
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration → Site administration→ Plugins→ Install plugins.
- Upload the ZIP file. You could be prompted to add extra details (in the ‘Show more‘ section), if your plugin is not automatically detected.
- If your target directory is not writeable, you should see a warning message.
- Check the plugin validation report, to verify if the theme has been successfully installed.
Note: You have to install all the files available in the Main zip file to unlock all the features available in the theme. It is mandatory to update the theme file first and then update rest of the files on your end.
If you are installing the plugins using FTP then the extracted zip folder should be copy pasted to these locations.
Edwiser RemUI theme will go to Moodle directory/theme/
Edwiser RemUI Block plugin will go to Moodle directory/blocks/
Edwiser RemUI Homepage builder plugin will go to Moodle directory/local/
Edwiser RemUI Course Format plugin will go to Moodle directory/course/format/
Activating the Theme
Follow below given steps to change the theme on your Moodle site.
- Log in as admin and go to Administration→ Site administration→ Appearance→ Themes→ Theme Selector
- Click on ‘Clear theme caches‘ button
- Click on the ‘Select theme‘ button on the right of the current theme being
- Scroll down to find Edwiser RemUI
- Click the ‘Use theme’ button next to Edwiser RemUI
- Moodle should tell you that the theme has been set as the default theme
- Check your Moodle site by going to the Moodle site’s home page
- You may have to refresh your browser to see the changes
Activating the License
- To activate the license, go to Site Administration → Appearance → Themes → Edwiser RemUI → Information Center.
- Add your 16 digit license key (which you must have received in your purchase receipt) in the input box and hit the ‘Activate License‘ button.
- Once you activate a valid license, the site-wide license activation message will be disabled.
NOTE: Kindly make sure that the ” curl_exec ” PHP file is enabled in your Moodle server so that the license key gets activated without which you shall receive an “Invalid key” message.
Kindly make sure that ” Blogs ” are enabled in your site so that profile page is visible.