Synchronize WordPress with Moodle
With the completion of the configuration process for Moodle and WordPress, the Edwiser Bridge plugin set up has been completed. Let’s take a look now at the various options available to synchronize WordPress with Moodle.
- To synchronize Moodle courses with WordPress go to Edwiser Bridge –> Settings –> Synchronization Tab.
- To synchronize only the course categories from Moodle to WordPress check the ‘Synchronize Course Categories‘ field and click save. Leave the remaining checkboxes unchecked.
- To update courses that have been synchronized previously check the ‘ Update Courses Synchronized Previously‘ field and click save. Leave the remaining checkboxes unchecked.
- To import only Moodle courses to WordPress as drafts check the ‘Synchronize Courses as Drafts‘ field and click save. Leave the remaining checkboxes unchecked. The courses that have been synchronized will be saved in as a custom post type and can be accessed by going to Edwiser Bridge –> Courses from the admin menu.
- If all the checkboxes are checked then all values will get synchronized with WordPress and appropriate messages will be displayed once the process has been completed.
- If no checkbox is selected and the ‘Synchronize‘ button is clicked then the Moodle courses will get synchronized with WordPress and will be published on the website.
- To synchronize enrolled user data between the two systems go to Edwiser Bridge –> Settings –> Synchronization and click on the ‘Users‘ link provided at the top left.
- Once there you can synchronize user data for enrolled courses by checking the ‘Update user’s course enrollment status’ field provided. This field would be particularly useful to synchronize data for users who have been enrolled in some courses from the Moodle website.
Link and Unlink Users From WordPress
- In the case that there is a situation in which a user’s Moodle account is not linked with his WordPress account then you can do so from the ‘Users’ page at the backend of the WordPress website.
- To link or unlink a Moodle account with a WordPress account go to ‘Users‘ in the admin menu and select the WordPress user accounts you want to link or unlink with Moodle.
- Now select the required menu from the ‘Bulk Actions‘ drop-down list and click apply.
- It is important to note that if you link a WordPress account with a Moodle account the password will not get synced and will be the same as it was while the creation of the respective accounts.
- If you have users who are already registered in Moodle and want to create their WordPress user accounts then you could do that by manually creating WordPress user accounts in WordPress and then following the step 2 & 3 as mentioned in this documentation.
Enroll and Unenroll Users to Courses from WordPress
- To enroll or un-enroll users from the WordPress website go to the ‘Users‘ tab in the admin menu and select the user you want to enroll or un-enroll to or from a course.
- On the users’ profile page at the back end, a setting will be provided to select a course from a drop-down box and enroll the user in that course.
- Similarly, a drop-down box will be provided to select a course from the drop-down box and un-enroll the user from that course.
- For both fields, on selecting the required course and saving the details, the enrollment information is updated in both WordPress as well as Moodle.