How to Create a Course on Moodle (Transcript)
Learn how to create a course on Moodle with these easy steps
- Welcome to the tutorial on How to Create a Course on Moodle!
- Log in as a Site Administrator or a Manager
- Go to ‘Site Administration’> ‘Course Settings’
- Select ‘Manage Courses and Categories’
- In the Course and Category Management page, click on ‘Create a new course’
(Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Create a course’ shortcut button on the left sidebar if you are using the Edwiser RemUI theme)
- Type the Course Full name and the Course Short name in the provided fields
- Provide a Course Start date and End date
(Disable the end Course date if you wish to access the course for a lifetime)
- Add a suitable description for your course
- Add a suitable description in Course Summary File section to represent the course with an image in the Edwiser RemUI theme
- Now, set the format of the course. Each format represents the different ways in which you can lay out the course.
- In this tutorial we have selected the ‘Topics’ format with all sections displayed on a single page
- Click on ‘Save and Display’ to proceed with enrollment
- Click on ‘Proceed to Course Content’ to start adding content to your course
- Your first Moodle Course has been successfully created!
Watch the video on Youtube!