Current Version 1.1.0
PHP version 5.3 or higher
WordPress Version 4.4.2
Edwiser Bridge Version 1.1.1
Moodle Version 3.0.3
- Selective Synchronization Installation Guide
- License Key Activation
- Selective Synchronization User Guide
Selective Synchronization Extension Installation Guide
NOTE: Make sure that your PHP is version 5.3 or greater.
- Upon purchasing the Selective Synchronization extension for Edwiser Bridge, an email containing the purchase receipt, download link and license key will be sent to your registered email id. You can download the ‘selective-synchronization.zip’ extension file using the download link provided.
- To install this plugin, go to the ‘Plugins’ menu from the dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Add New’ button on this page.
- Now click on the ‘Upload Plugin‘ button and upload the ‘selective-synchronization.zip’ file.
- Click on ‘Install Now’ button once you have located and uploaded the plugin.
- On successful installation click the ‘Activate Plugin’ link to activate the plugin.
- Alternatively, you can unzip and upload the Selective Synchronization extension plugin folder using the FTP application of your choice.
License Key Activation
- Once you have activated the plugin, go to Edwiser Bridge > Settings > “Licenses” tab.
- A new option labeled as ‘Selective Synchronization License’ will be created under the Licenses tab.
- Enter the license key provided in the purchase email in the ‘License Key’ field and click the ‘Activate License’ button.
- Every license issued is a single site license. You cannot use it on more than one website simultaneously.
- If you need to migrate the plugin from your staging site to your live site, you will have to first deactivate the license key from the staging site and then activate the same key on the live site.
Selective Synchronization Extension User Guide
- Once you have successfully installed and activated the Selective Synchronization extension, you should notice a ‘Selective Courses’ option added under ‘Edwiser Bridge‘ -> ‘Settings‘ -> ‘Synchronization‘.
- Here you should notice your Moodle courses listed. Check the courses you want to synchronize and click the ‘Start Synchronization’ button.
- To select courses belonging to a particular category, you can use the ‘Category’ dropdown to filter the courses by category. You can then select all the courses belonging to the category or pick certain courses to synchronize.
- You can even use the ‘Search‘ option to search for courses by the course name.
- If you want to update the course data on synchronization, you have to check the ‘Update previously synchronized courses’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am Interested in the Selective Synchronization Extension
The Selective Synchronization extension works with Moodle version 2.9 and above.
I have some license related questions
Every license you purchase is valid for one year, during which you will receive free support and updates. After the license expires you will still be able to use the plugin, but will not receive support or updates. To continue receiving support and updates, you will have to renew the license at a discounted rate, which is 50% of the extension price.
The license for the Selective Synchronization extension is valid only for a single website.
The license is active on the staging site. I now want to activate it on my live site. What should I do?
Each license can be used only on a single website. If you are already using the license on your staging site and want to now use it on your live site, go to Plugins –> Selective Synchronization License and deactivate the plugin from your staging site. Now use the same license key on your live site.