Uploading Edwiser RemUI
You can download the theme from the link in your purchase receipt. Once you download Edwiser RemUI, follow the below steps to install the theme
If you are using Moodle version 3.0 or 3.1 then you should use Edwiser RemUI version 3.0.0 or 3.1.1 respectively.
For Moodle version 3.2 please download Edwiser RemUI version 3.2.2.
Read this dedicated documentation page for Edwiser RemUI 3.2 version settings
If you are using Moodle version 3.3 please download Edwiser RemUI version 3.3.1.
Once you download the Edwiser RemUI (as per the suitable Moodle version), follow the below steps to install the theme on your Moodle site:
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration → Site administration→ Plugins→ Install plugins.
- Upload the ZIP file. You could be prompted to add extra details (in the ‘Show more‘ section), if your plugin is not automatically detected.
- If your target directory is not writeable, you should see a warning message.
- Check the plugin validation report, to verify if the theme has been successfully installed.
Activating the Theme
Follow below given steps to change the theme on your Moodle site.
- Log in as admin and go to Administration→ Site administration→ Appearance→ Themes→ Theme Selector
- Click on ‘Clear theme caches‘ button
- Click on the ‘Select theme‘ button on the right of the current theme being
- Scroll down to find Edwiser RemUI
- Click the ‘Use theme’ button next to Edwiser RemUI
- Moodle should tell you that the theme has been set as the default theme
- Check your Moodle site by going to the Moodle site’s home page
- You may have to refresh your browser to see the changes
Activating the License
- To activate the license, go to Site Administration → Appearance → Themes → Edwiser RemUI → License Settings.
- Add your 16 digit license key (which you must have received in your purchase receipt) in the input box and hit the ‘Activate License‘ button.
- Once you activate a valid license, the site-wide license activation message will be disabled.
NOTE: Kindly make sure that the ” curl_exec ” PHP file is enabled in your Moodle server so that the license key gets activated without which you shall receive an “Invalid key” message.
Kindly make sure that ” Blogs ” are enabled in your site so that profile page is visible.
Courses Per Page
You can set the number of courses (4,8 or 12) that you want to display in the course archive page of your site.
Set Site Logo
You can select one out of the two formats on offer,
- Icon and Sitename – In this format you could upload icon as well as sitename and they will be correspondingly displayed.
- You could choose icon from list of font awesome icons.
- Logo Only – You can upload image of your choice from the given uploader.
Add a Favicon
You could upload any image of your choice as Favicon for your Moodle site.
Set the Font
Font Type Selector
- With this option you could use default fonts given in the theme for your site.
- Or go for Google Fonts if you want additional fonts for your Moodle site.
You can add custom CSS in this section but do note that the changes will be reflected through out the Moodle site.
Google Analytics Tracking ID
Add your Google Analytics tracking ID here in order to track its results.
Add Slider on the Frontpage
- Static Content
- Slider Content
- With Static Content you can select whether you want to add a video or an image as the header content.
- To add a video, you will need to select Video URL as ‘Select Content type‘, and add the URL of the relevant video in the ‘iframe Embedded code’ custom box.
- If you set ‘Select Content type‘ as Image, then you can upload an image to the ‘Upload Image‘ field. In the ‘Add Text‘ field you can add content which will displayed as an overlay on the image.
- By selecting ‘Slider Content‘ you can add a slider on the header.
- You can set the ‘Slide Interval‘ in milliseconds, ‘Set Slider Autoplay‘ to your preference, and the ‘No of slides‘.
Customising the Homepage Content
The main body of the homepage or front-page displays the courses, has a four column layout to display information, and an about us section.
In the four column layout, each section has the same options, but you can customize it based on your preference.
Enable buttons on Section
You can enable or disable a button for the section using this option. A button is displayed after the icon and section description.
Body title for Section
You can add a title for the section here.
Body description for Section
In this custom box, you can add the description of the section, which will be displayed under the title.
Font Awesome icon for Section
You can use the default icon or add a Font Awesome icon of your choice here.
Button Text section
For the button you add to this section, you can set the button label here.
URL link Section
Add a link for the button here.
About Us Settings
Enable About us section
By enabling or disabling this checkbox you can enable or disable the ‘About Us‘ section.
About us Heading
You can add a custom heading to the ‘About Us‘ section using this field.
About us text
You can add the description in this custom box which will be displayed below the title.
Frontpage about us image
You can add image to this section by uploading an image of your choice.
You can either enable only ” About Us ” or ” Testimonial Section ” or both in the front page.
If you are using the testimonial section then kindly follow the steps mentioned below.
You can set the number of testimonials that you want to show in the frontpage from this dropdown.
Upload image of the user in this uploader.
You can also add name, designation and the testimonial to be displayed in the landing page.
Social Media Settings
In this section, you just have to add links to your relevant social media account so that your users are redirected to those pages.
Social network icons will be displayed in the footer of your Moodle LMS.
Personalizing the Footer
Footer Column Title
Here you can add a title to the footer section.
In this custom box, you can add text relevant to the column title.
Bottom Footer Settings
Text in Footer Bottom
In this custom box, you can add the text of the quick link you want to display to your users like “Copyright” etc.
Add a link to which you want your users to be redirected when they click on the quick link text.
Enable / Disable Login Pop-up
You can disable login pop-up in the site home by clicking on this checkbox.
Customizing the Login Page
Upload Background Image
You can upload a background image of your choice using this option.
Signup panel text color
Here you can select the text color of your choice which will be reflected on the Login/Signup panel.
With RemUI 3.3, you no longer have to visit the Settings page to apply color customizations to your Moodle instance.