The Edwiser RemUI – user experience theme for Moodle – ameliorates the basic Moodle LMS interface.
The Settings Experience
The theme activation guides you through a series of personalization settings:
- Dashboard Settings: Allows you to set which RemUI specific blocks should be displayed in the Dashboard.
- ( Note: This setting is available in the latest versions of RemUI 3.4.x, RemUI 3.5.x and so on. )
- General Settings: Allows you to set the logo, site name, favicon, font, add custom CSS
- Home Page Settings: The homepage contains sections to display custom content about your business. You can fine-tune the content using the Home Page Settings options. This tab also contains settings for the slider on the front page. You can set the images, text and button links here.
- Footer Settings: Allows you to set content in the three column footer layout, along with social media sharing links and copyright text
- Login Page Settings: Allows you to upload a custom image on the login page and personalize the login panel
The Edwiser RemUI documentation has you covered here.
Theme Options Overview
Once you activate the Edwiser RemUI theme, you should be able to notice a stark difference between Edwiser RemUI elements and Moodle’s default interface.
Edwiser RemUI takes care of highlighting sections of the layout and making actionable items clearly visible; thus enhancing your content creation experience.
The ‘quick links’ in the top menu and the left sidebar make it easy for you – the LMS admin- to easily access content, settings and create courses, events and activities.
Exploring the Top Navigation Menu
The top navigation menu contains several easy access options.
- The left (≡) & right (→) sidebar toggle options allow you to hide or show the sidebar panels. Hiding the sidebar panels allows for distraction free reading
- The ‘Mail‘ option allows you to check your recent messages with a link to your inbox
- The ‘Notifications‘ option maintains a list of recent activities
Upon clicking your username, you should uncover options to:
- View the LMS Dashboard
- Preferences page
- Grades page
- Messages page
- and the ‘User Profile‘ page
Edwiser RemUI ‘Quick Links’ in Sidebar
Quick Links are the highlight of Edwiser RemUI. The Right and Left Sidebar is an LMS administrator’s arsenal.
The Right Sidebar has Contacts, Calendar and Color customization options.
The Left Sidebar has the following Shortcuts:
- RemUI Settings access for the theme
- A quick option to create a new course (time-saver for content creators)
- Link to ‘Courses‘ page
- Link to ‘Blog‘ page
Dissecting the ‘Courses’ Page
The course archive page, or the all courses page on Moodle has been completely revamped in Edwiser RemUI.
It’s more functional and has a cool design! ?
On every course listed on the course archive page, the LMS administrator, course manager or course teacher has the following options:
- Enrol User: An option to instantly enrol a new user to the course (Booyah! ? )
- Grade Report: A shortcut to view student grades for the course
- Activity Report: A quick link to activity notifications for the course
- Edit Course: An option to edit course settings
Edwiser RemUI Custom Blocks for Dashboard
Apart from the above navigation improvements, Edwiser RemUI introduces a set of custom blocks for Dashboard. These include:
- Course overview: Summary of enrolled courses
- Course Stats: User/Student’s activity progress in the course.
- Tasks to complete: To view assignment, quiz, lesson, course deadlines.
- Course Progress: Student’s progress in the course which is Teacher centric block.
- Enrolled Users: Graphical representation for the number of students enrolled in courses per category.
- Quiz Attempts: Graphical representation for the number of students attempted the gradable activities vs the total number of student who haven’t attempted the activities.
- Course Analytics: Graphical representation of the user’s last attempt in the gradable activities of a particular course to the global average in that course.
- Latest Members: Latest registered user
- Add Notes: An option to shoot a short notice/message to any Moodle user on the site
- Recent Feedback: This block displays a recent submission done in the course so that it is notified to the teacher.
- Recent Forums: This block displays recent activity related to the user in the forums.
- To-Do List: This block let’s you manage your day to day task within Moodle. Teachers could also assign tasks that they need to be complete along with their peers or students.
- Manage Courses: This Teacher specific block let’s you know the progress of students in a course as well as let’s you quickly access course editing options, user enrollment etc.