The Edwiser RemUI comes with a Demo Importer for version v3.9.11, 3.10.4 and above. The importer functionality helps you quickly import homepage and courses from the Edwiser demo site. The below documentation will guide you through the importer which is introduced in the versions mentioned above
Note: Please make sure the local_edwiserimporter plugin file is installed on your Moodle site. Download Edwiser RemUI from Edwiser My-Account, unzip/extract the downloaded zip file to get the Edwiser Importer (local_edwisersiteimporter.zip)
Steps To Use Edwiser Importer Functionality
- Navigate to Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Edwiser RemUI > Importer
2. On the Importer page you can find two sections of templates i.e Homepage and Courses.
3. To Import a homepage simply click on the preview button available on the Homepage template you wish to import. The selected homepage will be previewed and you can then click on the Import button.
Note: Draft changes from the remote site will be discarded while importing. All content from your current homepage will be deleted.
4. You can click on Yes on the confirmation box and the process to import the homepage will be started.
5. To Import demo courses navigate to Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Edwiser RemUI > Importer
6. Click on the courses tabs under template. Preview the course you wish to import and then click on import.
7. After clicking on import button you will be automatically redirected to the Moodles Restore course page. Check the backup details and scroll down to click on continue.
8. Destination – Choose whether the course should be restored as a new course or into an existing course then click the Continue button
9. Settings – Select activities, blocks, filters and possibly other items as required then click the Next button
10. Schema – Select/deselect specific items and amend the course name, short name and start date if necessary then click the Next button
11.Review – Check that everything is as required, using the Previous button if necessary, then click the ‘Perform restore’ button
12. Complete – Click the continue button and the demo course is imported on your site.
Tip: To enable/disable the Importer quick link from the left side secondary menu navigate to RemUI settings > General settings > Show Importer